ONLINE SHOPPING GUIDE
While shopping on Internet can be lot easier but you are vulnerable to various scams and online scandals. So here is the list that provides you with the smart ways of doing online shopping.
1) Do your research: For the items that you wish to purchase, you will find various sites offering the same product so make sure you check a few to get the best deals! Just key in the item you’re looking to purchase via your internet service provider and voila you should be able to check the prices, features and compare the items overall.
2) Check company policy: It is always safe to check the company’s policy on how they will handle returns if you need to return the item you have ordered. How long do you have to return the item and how soon will you be credited or refunded your monies paid.
3) Payment options: Of all the payment options that the sites boost check how you are paying for your purchase. Make sure the provider company or payment servicer taking your credit or debit card is legitimate and well known! This will alleviate future problems down the line if you have a return and need a refund. Crosscheck the reputation of the company by checking fro any complaints against the company on Internet.
4) Shipping costs: Some sites also offer free shipping other sites may also take that as a hidden costs so just check on what you’re being charged for shipping costs! Make sure you’re getting a good deal on the product you’re ordering overall including any shipping costs being charged.
5) Customer satisfaction rating: Look the companies website for business seals of approval from companies such as; Bizrate.com or the Better Business Bureau. This usually means that the company you’re thinking about purchasing from has a good customer satisfaction rating.
6) Acknowledgements: Always asks for your copies of your online purchase receipts and any email confirmations of your order. Keep these records at least until you have obtained confirmation from your credit or debit card company showing a confirmation of the purchase made.
Be a smart shopper for doing online shopping and just go ahead and enjoy your Internet shopping experience today!
TIPS FOR ONLINE SHOPPING
Online shopping is a gigantic industry, and with good reason, too. Few shopping methods offer more convenience, better prices, or better information access than shopping via the internet. However, it pays to follow a few precautions when shopping on the internet.
When ordering from an online site, one of the first things you should check is to see that their order page is secure. The page you enter your address and contact details on doesn't need to be secure, but the page you enter your credit card on should be.
The easiest way to tell that a page is secure is that it will start with https. Also, in Internet Explorer, you'll see a yellow padlock at the bottom of your browser window.
You should also do at least a little research to ensure that the website you are ordering from is a reputable, dependable merchant. There are several ways to check on the reputability of a merchant: Are they listed with the Better Business Bureau? Are they members of any other third party verification entities? Check their customer reviews on third party sites like Alexa.com, BizRate.com, and Shopzilla.com
If you're purchasing from a seller on an online marketplace like Ebay or Amazon Marketplace, check their ratings and customer feedback. Most online marketplaces offer some kind of a guarantee against fraud for orders placed on their website.
Also check on the companies policies before you order from them. You should check that they have at least some kind of a guarantee and return policy. Also, how quickly do they ship orders? What customer service do they offer? Do they have full contact info on their website, including their physical address and phone number?
With a little research, you can save some time and money by shopping online – and not worry about not getting your money's worth!